Saturday, April 5, 2008

Welcome

Hello, welcome to One Word After Another!

I am new to blogging but I have been reading other blogs for a while and I thought it would be fun to start a blog about the books I read. Hopefully you will enjoy my thoughts and opinions enough to want to read the book. Once you have read the book please come back and share your thoughts and opinions.

Why an online book club when there are already many book clubs and women's groups that meet on a regular basis? Honestly, I just don't need another meeting to attend. I know that I would be welcomed at one or more book clubs that have thrived in this area (at least I think I would be welcomed...is that presumptious? Maybe....hummm.) As I have gotten older I find that I have less and less desire to venture out in the evenings after I get home from work. I find that I like a simpler less cluttered calendar. I prefer to be home doing my favorite things - one of which is reading so I decided I'd invite my friends & members of my family who are equally as busy as I am to share this favorite pass time.

In recent years I have discovered that my sisters share my love of mysteries and science fiction. It has been fun sharing books and favorite authors with them so I hope they become regular visitors to this site. I don't need to worry if they will comment. They will....it is against our nature to keep quiet when we have an opinion to share.

People often ask me how I find time to read. It's easy really. I just do it...One Word After Another.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Scot and Jenny said...

woo hoo. I'm so glad you started this. I think you have already discovered how addictive it is!

Anonymous said...

I hve never read a blog before--thought they might be too addictive--and now I know why. I like yours--I'd use HTML tags, but I don't know what they are.

I like your book reviews and I totally agree with you about Mary Higgins Clark--not an author to apologize for. I just finished Maeve Binchy's "Evening Classes" - can't help but wonder if it's like "Circle of Friends".

Merry & Gary said...

Blogging is fun. I don't know how to do the fancy stuff. Jenny does it for me. I haven't read Evening Classes. I'll have to get it. I found that I have two copies of Circle of Friends so I'll bring you one.