Sunday, April 6, 2008

I Heard That Song Before

Author: Mary Higgins Clark

Rating: 3 Book Worms

My Opinion:

Mary Higgins Clark is known as the Queen of Suspense. I'm not so sure I would go that far but she does tell a good story. This is the third book I have read written by her. I like the fact that I know I can be caught reading one of her books and not feel like I have to apologize for reading trashy novel. Not that I would apologize but still I'd feel like I ought to.

This is a story that follows a tried and true formula. Poor girl meets rich man. They have a short romance and wind up married. Everybody thinks she has married him for is money because nobody in their right mind would marry a man who is suspected of murdering a girlfriend and his first wife. However our leading lady loves her man and sticks by him and actually provides some key evidence that can possibly help him get out from under the suspicion or it will put him in jail for the rest of his life. It is full of lurking characters and as the story unfolds there are several possible suspects. The outcome is slightly predictable but who cares. The end of the story is just that - the end. What really matters is what happens to the characters and how they get us to the end of the story.

This is a good book to read when you have a weekend with no plans or a long car ride. I found it to be easy to read without a lot of compicated things to remember or clues to pick up on. It was perfect to read as we traveled across Southern Idaho and Northern Nevada. Thanks to my sister, Janet Walker for sharing this book with me.

Buy It or Borrow It: Buy it if you love her work. Personally I'm glad I got to borrow it. I'll probably pass it along because I don't really collect her books. I would be likely to read this one again a couple of years down the road.

Other Books By this Author I Have Read:
Two Little Girls in Blue -- 3.5 Book Worms
I'll Be Seeing You - 3.0 Book Worms

No comments: