You know how some days you have a long list of things to accomplish and some how you get side tracked? Today is one of those days for me. I have a long list of things that I should be doing but instead I slept in late - I mean really late. I never sleep past 7:00 am but today it was 9:30 am before I began moving with any real speed. Since half the day was wasted, my plan was all messed up so I did the only sensible thing I could think of to do. I sorted out my shoes and found I had quite a large bag for donation which lead to sorting out my purses which lead to cleaning out some of my clothes which lead to ... well you get the idea. In a relatively short time we had filled the back of the car with boxes, bags, & tubs of stuff to donate. We headed out for Deseret Industries which is quite a drive from Elk Grove but so worth it to get rid of some good stuff that you don't need any longer.
Once we had dropped off the donation we decided to browse through the store to see if someone had left off some stuff we needed. Wow was today a busy day at DI. There were tons of people shopping. Usually there are just a few people but today it was crowded.
I love to hit the book section. It is always an adventure because they really don't sort the books using any particular method so when you find one by an author you like it's like finding a treasure. Today there were lots of people buying books. You have to be on your toes when there are lots of people looking at the books. There always seems to be one "Grabby Gretta" who peeks over your shoulder and tries to take the book you are looking at right out of your hands. It never fails that they are missing front teeth.
Today I hit the jackpot and the toothless lady (not very hard). I found seven books by authors I like to read. Books are so expensive these days that I rarely buy books from a regular store but at DI they are usually fifty cents to a dollar each so you can hardly go wrong. Gary gets bored while I am looking at the titles so he wanders off and tries to pretend he isn't with me when I make rude comments to the "Grabby Gretta" of the day. Today Grabby Gretta had a shoping cart and she kept pushing me with it. Finally I'd had enough so I pushed it back at her. She says "maybe we should trade spots." Gladly I complied then she went on to tell me I should rent the movie of the book I had in my hand because it was easier than reading the book. Needless to say I bought the book just so she couldn't get her grubby hands on it.
To make a long post shorter let me just say that in the next few weeks look for reviews of another Maeve Binchy book titled Evening Classes, The Cradle Will Fall and All Around Town by Mary Higgins Clark, The White Dragon by Anne McCafferey, Emma by Jane Austen, At First Sight by Nicholas Sparks & last but not least Hawaii by James Michener (the book the afore mentioned Grabby Gretta told me to watch the movie of). I hope that you will read along with me so we can have some discussions. In the mean time keep on reading....One Word After Another.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is funny. I can't believe you pushed it so obviously that she actually said something. HA HA HA. That always happens to me at Wal Mart on Saturday afternoon. I hate that place on the weekends. Well I hate it every day of the week but especially on Saturday. By the way I really like Nicholas Sparks so you will have to let me know how that one is. I am just finishing up the 3rd book in the series that I am currently obsessed with so I am about to be really sad for the next 3 months while I wait for the 4th one to come out so maybe I will have to try one of these to fill the void.
Post a Comment