Yesterday was the 25th time I celebrated being a mother. I can't ever remember a Mother's Day when I was more pleased to be in the role of mother. On Saturday I received a package from Jenny which was a nice surprise since Jenny has inherited from me a way of forgetting about things like birthdays, holidays, and other "big events." I'm sorry I passed that along to her but what can I say. It isn't that I don't want to remember these things. I really do want to remember them but somehow they just drift away. Jenny is better than me about remembering but sometimes she forgets. Anyway the card she sent touched my heart very much because I realized that we have firmly established our relationship as adults and we really like each other. We are truly friends and while I will always be her mother and love her in that special way it is great to have such a friend. I love sharing common interests and hobbies with her. I love that she wants to share the things she likes with me. I love that she encourages me to try new things (like blogging) and that she helps me do new things. I love that she has established a life independent from her dad and I yet she still wants to share that life with us. I thank Heavenly Father every day for allowing us to be parents to one of his most special daughters.
So do you want to know what she sent me? BOOKS!!! I am looking forward to reading these books becaus she has been raving about them so much. I am off to read. Thank you!
Monday, May 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Love you mom! I am so glad to be your daughter!
Post a Comment